As the #1 most-downloaded app of 2020, TikTok offers a unique opportunity for brands to build their presence with fun and interactive videos. With its explosive growth, your brand’s success rides on understanding the metrics behind this social media powerhouse. Gaining insight into the analytics will help take some guesswork out of your content strategy, especially if your brand is new to TikTok.
Following the demand for greater insights by its users, TikTok created a built-in analytics tool that helps you find and target the right audience. TikTok Pro Accounts is a free upgrade that provides creators greater visibility into the performance and engagement metrics of their videos. It can also inform you about everything from when you post to what you post.
How to set up a Pro Account
Setting up a Pro Account is quick and easy, and will unlock a wide range of metrics and information that will help you better connect with your TikTok audience. Once you reach a minimum of 100 followers, you will be able to view analytics (e.g. follower’s insight, monitor views and engagement, and more.)
Here’s how to set up your account:
- Step 1: From your profile page, open the Privacy and Settings tab.
- Step 2: Choose “Manage My Account.”
- Step 3: Tap “Switch to Pro Account.”
- Step 4: Select “Creator” or “Business.”
- Step 5: Choose your industry
Once you’ve set up your Pro Account, you will have access to TikTok analytics on both mobile and desktop. Most importantly, you’ll be able to plan and schedule your TikTok videos in advance.
Analyzing post performance
In order to view the analytics for a specific post, tap on the three dots in the bottom right-hand corner and select “Analytics.” This will show you everything you need to know about how a post is performing, including the number of plays, likes, comments, and shares. You can also see key viewership metrics and find out what the total play-time and average watch time was for a piece of content.
From your account dashboard, TikTok will show you top-level data for the last 7 or 28 days, depending on which option you choose. Once the data begins populating, you can view the following account insights, which are categorized on your dashboard: Overview, Content, and Followers.
- Overview: Here you can view up to 28 days of data, including the number of times a video was viewed, follower growth, and profile views.
- Content: This tab provides knowledge and insights and allows you to measure the performance of your content, including your top videos and which ones are trending.
- Followers: This is where you will find a breakdown of the demographic data for your followers, which includes follower count, gender, and territories. This tab is also extremely helpful in identifying what time your followers are the most and least active.
In addition to analyzing data natively within the TikTok platform, there are also external solutions, such as Pentos, that can help you gauge the performance of other TikTokers. You can also use it to get insights on trending hashtag challenges.
The power of understanding the metrics
By keeping a close tab on your TikTok analytics daily, you’ll be able to monitor the progress of your brand’s content and drive greater engagement. When you combine the data, you’ll have a better understanding of who your TikTok audience is and how you can best connect with them.
Understanding the metrics is your golden key to success with TikTok. Once you learn what type of content works best for your brand and resonates with your audience, you’ll be able to optimize and create a better overall content strategy. Are you ready to take your TikTok game to the next level?